My mind is a mix of anxious thoughts when heading to church each week. I wonder what we’ll discuss that day…and whether I’ve set my fantasy football lineup. The absolute last thing I think about is the architecture of the building I’ll sit in for several hours.
Perhaps if I knew I was headed to one of these spectacular houses of worship, I’d be a bit more in awe. In fact, I might just skip watching NFL Sunday Ticket if I knew I was heading to these amazing locations.
1. Taktsang Palphug Monastery, Bhutan.
2. Church of the Transfiguration, Russia.
3. Shipka Memorial Church, Bulgaria.
4. St. Basil’s Cathedral, Russia.
5. Las Lajas Sanctuary, Colombia.
6. Church of Saint Elizabeth, Slovakia.
7. Kul Sharif Mosque, Russia.
8. Crystal Mosque, Malaysia.
9. Paoay Church, Philippines.
10. Borgund Stave Church, Norway.
11. The Blue Mosque, Istanbul.
12. United States Air Force Academy Cadet Chapel, Colorado.
13. Church of Mary Magdalene, Jerusalem.
14. Trinity Church, Antarctica.
15. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, United Arab Emirates.
16. Church of the Assumption, Slovenia.