I love going to the movies. I can’t wait to sit in a packed room, watch a hotly anticipated movie on the big screen, and share a bowl of popcorn with my date. It’s the best way to spend a rainy Saturday night.
As good as going to the movies may be, there are a handful of theaters around the world that take the experience to the next level. They make watching movies better beyond anything you thought imaginable. The following 14 theaters are the greatest example of what you’re missing out on from the moviegoing experience.
1. Olympia Music Hall, France
2. Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater, Disney’s Hollywood Studios
3. The Bijou Theater, Bridgeport
4. Cineteca De El Matadero, Madrid, Spain
5. Fox Theater, Detroit, MI
6. Hot Tub Cinema, London
7. Parisian Theater, Paris
8. Kurshumli An In Skopje, Macedonia – Creative Documentary Film Festival Makedox
9. Orinda Theater, California
10. Puskin Art Cinema, Budapest, Hungary
11. Regent Cinema, Brisbane, Australia
12. Urania National Film Theatre, Budapest, Hungary
13. Electric Cinema, Notting Hill
14. Arena, Pula, Croatia
(via Bored Panda)
Seeing a movie in theaters is fairly different from seeing one at home. There’s something special about movie theaters that changes your experience, and thus your impression of the movie. Imagine how much better a movie would be at one of these places. I, for one, want to book tickets right now!